EastWest Pianos - Bechstein D-280
EastWest Pianos Bechstein D-280 - Welcome to one of the most detailed collections ever recorded of the world famous Bechstein 280. This Bechstein 280 is a modern 9-foot, German concert grand piano, built in 2006.
It is a very precise, technical piano that creates a fantastic classical sound, particularly for more demanding works. It can also produce a really unique, big, pop/rock piano sound. A similar Bechstein has been used by Supertramp and many others.
Producer Doug Rogers purchased the Bechstein in 2006, and this is the EastWest Studio 1 concert grand.
This Silver Edition allows users to purchase a single license for one Piano from the EastWest QL Pianos.
EastWest QL Pianos is a Gold Edition virtual instrument that includes four of the world's finest grand pianos: the Gold edition of this Bechstein D-280, a Bösendorfer 290, a Steinway D, and a Yamaha C7. Click here for full details on the complete EastWest QL Pianos collection.
Key Features of this Bechstein D-280:
- 16-bit Samples
- Player Mic Position
- 8 Articulations
- 10-18 velocities per note of sustain and sustain with pedal
- 8-12 velocities per note of repetitions and repetitions with pedal
- 5-8 velocities of soft pedal and soft pedal with sustain pedal
- Recorded in a proper piano environment with vintage Neumann microphones, Meitner AD converters and a vintage 8078 Neve console
- PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.