Soundiron Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble V2
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is Soundiron's industry leading scoring percussion masterpiece, and now with the launch of the brand new v2.0, they are pushing it to a whole new level.
Now weighing in at nearly 25 GB with over 25,000 samples, APE delivers astounding depth, detail, fidelity, and user freedom. It features more than 40 different drums and close to 200 articulations. You’ll find thunderous ensemble sections and solo instruments of all shapes and sizes, including bass drums, a whole array of toms, dhols, riqs, frame drums, bongos, cajons, doumbeks, clicks, clacks, a massive snare ensemble and 6 solo snare drum types.
You'll also find fully expressive pedal-articulated hi-hats, stick and mallet rides, crashes, splashes, hybrid and FX cymbals, a 38" gong, heavy Tibetan ting shag finger cymbals, all deeply multisampled along with tons of rolls, crescendos and effects.
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is the culmination of years of experience, distilled into the most comprehensive and earth-shaking hall percussion package available anywhere on the market. Soundiron set out to build a monster that punched harder, rumbled deeper, cut through the mix cleaner and got the job done like no other could. They wanted a massive sound and responsive playability, without compromising user flexibility and choice. APE has a sound that just works right out of the box, with all of the beef and none of the noise. This beast gets it done.
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble has just been updated to version 2.0, bringing along with it a wide variety of fixes, changes, additions and enhancements.
What's New in v2.0
- Added the Far mic position to over 60 articulations.
- Added Gong articulations.
- Added Hi-Hat articulations in a range of pedal positions, including MidiCC controlled Hi-Hat simulation.
- Added suspended Ride Cymbal articulations
- Added Ting Shag articulations in a range of open and mute positions (Tibetan Finger Cymbals)
- Added Ensemble Snare ﬂam articulations.
- Fully re-mixed and re-mastered all Ensemble Snare articulations.
- Added a variety of Midi drum loops.
- Added ﬂexible Midi Groove loading and playback system.
- Added mic mixing options to all presets (output re-routing feature only in master presets).
- Added sub-group release controls to main Ensemble All Preset.
- Expanded the features of the Megamixer system, including full Kit saving/loading and intelligent sample memory management.
- Expanded the features of the Uberpeggiator / ARP meta-arpeggiator system.
- Added full Effects Rack panel
- Added various custom keymapping features to all presets.
- Redesigned all GUI artwork and instrument layout.
- Optimized and streamlined preset types, folder structure, zone mapping, group structure, loading and overall performance.