Toontrack EZX - Post-Rock
”Dramatic. A force of nature. Unpredictable and almost cinematic.” When asked how to put words to the term 'post-rock', these were the first that came to mind for Birgir Jón Birgisson and Arnar Gíslason, engineer and drummer behind the EZX with the same name. And there is likely no better setting to capture the very essence of just that than in Iceland’s Sundlaugin Studios.
In an ever-shifting landscape chiseled from millions of years of volcanic lava, with a waterfall a stone’s throw away and with a glacier stream literally running beneath it, there it sits on the outskirts of Reykjavik. And if you look out the window at the scenic wonder where extremes on opposite ends of the scale fuse and melt together into something untamed, wild and unpredictable, it’s easy to understand why this is the ultimate backdrop for music with the very same dramaturgy.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES:
- Recorded at Sundlaugin Studios in Reykjavik, Iceland
- 4 complete kits sampled with sticks (Rogers, Tama, Yamaha and Sakae)
- 1 complete kit sampled with brushes, felt mallets and a ”snares off” option (Sakae)
- 11 mix-ready presets engineered by Birgir Jón Birgisson, covering a wide range of styles and mood
- 6 custom percussion pieces
- Includes a selection of MIDI drum grooves performed by Arnar Gíslason