Toontrack SDX: Metal Machinery
This SDX expansion for Superior Drummer 2 features the original recording that was used as the foundation for arguably the most popular set of metal drum sounds on the market; the Metal Machine EZX. What makes it different from the EZX version is that the SDX sounds are raw and without post-processing, meaning the source material recorded directly at the studio. It comes with fundamentally the same collection of instruments but includes a wider variety of mic selections as well as a custom bank of kit presets.
This library comprises three full kits, a wide assortment of cymbals and a total of seven snares drums, all recorded using the utmost in recording equipment. With its concrete-lined walls, the room at Studio B produces a hard but still deep and precise tone, making it a perfect sonic environment for big, reverberant rock and metal drums. This room really brings out the very essence and raw nature of these instruments.
This is more than a collection of drums for just rock and metal. With the powerful tools of Superior Drummer 2, it’s a clean canvas of the finest of raw material, ready for you to harness, shape and mold into something truly unique.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- Three kits (2 x Tama Starclassic Bubinga, Ludwig Stainless Steel) as well as a large selection of snare drums and cymbals
- Produced and engineered by Andy Sneap
- Recorded at Henson Recording Studios in Los Angeles, USA
- Drums sampled by John Tempesta
- 6 kit presets including custom samples, designed and mixed by Andy Sneap
- Included MIDI played by Nick Barker (ex-Cradle of Filth, ex-Dimmu Borgir)